A life annuity gives you regular benefit payments for the rest of your life – no matter how long you live. With a life annuity, you will have financial security when you retire and for the rest of your life, and your contributions are fully tax deductible.
You can set up a life annuity at any time – regardless of your age. You will receive a benefit payment each month and for as long as you live.
Advantages of a life annuity
- You will have financial security through fixed monthly benefits for as long as you live.
- There is no limit to the amount of contributions you can make.
- Your contributions are fully tax deductible against your personal income.
- You can take out an insurance cover giving you the right to waive contributions (waiver of contribution) if your earning capacity is reduced. This means that your pension savings will continue to grow without you having to make contributions yourself.
- You have savings balance protection until the payout starts, meaning that your beneficiaries will receive your savings if you die before you start receiving benefits.
- Your life annuity benefits will be paid out to your beneficiaries for a certain number of years.